- Written by Tech Notes
- Category: Firefox
- Published: 14 January 2015
Flashblock Fix To See Youtube Videos And Block Flash Ads
If you use Flashblock to block Flash ads (image or video ads) and so as a result all Flash videos are blocked, and this month you realized that on Youtube you can no longer click on a flash video to have it play, then this is for you. The purpose of this article is to make use of the built in features (options) of the Flashblock and cause the Youtube videos to show while still blocking flash ads on the Youtube page; It will not get you the clicking ability back. To get both the clicking ability and blocking, see the article of Fix For Firefox Flashblock And Youtube Click Problem. Also, useful things in the Comments.
Please note that I do not get paid to write these articles.
Use the whitelist feature in the options of Flashblock addon/plugin. This should be available on any Internet Browser that Flashblock is made for, but this article will provide only steps for Firefox Flashblock extension installed.
- On Firefox, Go to Tools menu, and select Add-ons.
- It should start you off on the Extensions menu selection of the Add-ons page. If not, then select Extensions.
- Look for Flashblock and select the Options button.
- Click on Whitelist tab.
- Type s.ytimg.com in the field, and click add.
- After clicking on Add, the s.ytimg.com should be listed and you can click on OK.
- Go to www.Youtube.com or your favorite link there (refresh/reload if on the page already), and you will see that youtube videos show, but not the ads, and now you do not even need to click on the blocked flash videos either. :)
Feel Free To Leave A Good Comment. :)
Look around, and you may find other useful articles. Add this site to your Bookmarks/Favorites for easy return for new articles. Consider submitting technical articles for publication, including your embedded links. I will even create a new category if needed.