- Written by Tech Notes
- Category: Joomla
- Published: 22 March 2014
How to add Content (Text, images, HTML) to Footer of a Joomla 3 Site
This turns out to be very easy, but ONLY if you know about it, otherwise you could spend days finding it.
I am not paid to to write these articles.
- Login into your Joomla control panel (back end interface for your Joomla site), and not to be confused with any other control panels your WHW1 hosting or others provide.
- Select Module Manager from the Joomla control panel Extensions menu at top.
- Click on the New button (green as of this writing).
- Scroll down until you see Footer. Click on Footer module to be added.
- Type in the Title, and depending on the template you are using select the appropriate Footer position, and click on Save and Close.
- Now you should see the new module with the new name you gave. In the below pic, I have it renamed to "TN Footer" instead of "TechNotes.whw1.com Footer". Click on the name of the new module you made; in this case TN Footer.
- Type the message you want or add images, or insert appropriate code, and when done Save and Close.
Notice that the Footer is really a Custom HTML module. A copy I believe, and so you should be able to do the same thing if you choose the Custom HTML module in the early step above.